Aside from providing you with beautiful, emotional portraits in a casual setting, engagement sessions allow us to get to know each other before the big day. Engagement sessions are the time for you and your beloved to show your inner selves, your love for one another, and your favorite outfits in a relaxing and enjoyable environment.
You are welcome to choose a location that speaks to you in a personal way, or let me recommend a few of my favorite hot spots based on what you love! Some couples choose that particular spot where he proposed, others their favorite restaurant, town, or nature reserve. Don't be afraid to be creative!
Many couples have lots of questions regarding their engagement. That's why I put together a set of useful tips for your engagement session here in Puerto Rico.
Engagement Session Tips
- Choose colors that go well together.
- Do not limit yourselves to black and white, bright and fun colors make the images stand out.
- Think about the location of your engagement and dressed accordingly.
- Bring a change of clothing to add variety to your engagement session.
- Avoid horizontal stripes, big logos and neon colors.
- You want to look spectacular on your images, do not wear jean shorts, t-shirts, blouses with ruffles or clothing with a lot of patterns, this type of clothing doesn't look good in images.
- Don't forget accessories:
- scarves, etc.
- Be yourselves and have fun while dressing up.
Makeup and nails
- Girls can arrange their wedding makeup trial or have professional makeup done for their engagement session to look sensational.
- Remember to have your nails done; hands play a significant role in a couple’s photography.
- Incorporate hobbies, pets, cars, instruments, balloons, etc.
- Pinterest is a great platform where you can get great ideas to personalize your engagement session.
- Remember our beautiful tropical Island's climate.
- Be prepared with a towel to dry off sweat, an extra pair of shoes or sandals for walking, makeup for retouch during the session, and an umbrella in case it rains.
Relaxed and Comfortable
- The most important thing is that you feel relaxed and comfortable. The engagement is a unique and fun experience just before the big day. Can't wait to have you in front of my camera to capture what makes you unique as a couple!
I hope these Engagement Session Tips Help
I hope these tips help you out. I can’t wait to get you in front of the lens and bring out what makes you a special couple!
If you have any further question feel free to contact me.